Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Everything that comes next

I just came across this and am so sad that I forgot to finish it at the time. I would try to finish writing it now but I just don't remember it very clearly. So I will at least post what I have. Maybe sometime I will come back and try to add to it.

Amelia Dannielle Andrews was born at 10:11pm on December 18th, 2008 after 35 minutes of pushing. She weighed 9lbs, 10.8oz.and was 21 inches long with thick dark hair. I guess she had such a conehead at first that my Mom was worried about her. I was too busy being in awe to notice. She got an APGAR score of  8 the first time and 9 after 5 minutes.


After holding Aimee for a few minutes I passed her off to the nurses to clean and measure. At this point the doctor started stitching me up. I was torn as far both ways as I think is physically possible. It took over an hour of constant stitching before he was done. I asked how many stitches I had and the doctor told me he had stopped counting. This whole time my legs were in the stirups and they were starting to go numb. Just when I thought I couldn't take any more, he was done. I was so hungry after all that work. The nurses brought me a tray of sandwiches, fruit, cookies, and who knows what else. Right about that time the new nurses came on duty for the night. One of them was so sweet , she even made me a chocolate milkshake! I can't remember ever being that hungry and happy.


Somewhere during all this I got to nurse for the first time. Aimee latched on right away.