Friday, August 19, 2011

36 week appointment

I am 36 weeks and 4 days today. I had my doctor appointment this morning. I was really worried that baby was breech because I've been feeling all her hiccups up high instead of low. And I just felt like I couldn't make any progress towards labor that way. Not to mention it would be a challenge to get to do a breech delivery in the hospital. My doctor listened to her heartbeat and palpated my stomach and he is pretty sure she is head down. I really hope he is right! I'm measuring at 37 weeks and he figures she is about 6 or 7 pounds. I so hope she comes somewhat early and stays small! I have enough newborn sleepers to clothe twins and I want a chance to use at least some of them. I think Aimee maybe wore one newborn thing before going on to 0-3 month stuff. As I was leaving the office I realized I hadn't heard the results of my GBS test from 2 weeks ago. So I poked my head back in and asked. The nurse looked it up and I'm negative! I'm so happy about that. I did not want to have to deal with a battle over it or figure out what to do. My doctor said "so you can just come in and pop out a baby whenever you feel like it". I like this doctor so much better than the one I had with Aimee!

Now I just need to get my mind around the fact that I am actually having a baby and wait for labor to start. I can't believe it has gone by so fast.