Thursday, August 18, 2011

Feeling so removed


I am 36 weeks 3 days pregnant. With Aimee I couldn't wait to go into labor. I looked forward to the challenge and wanted her out! This time I still can't wrap my head around the pregnancy. Two of my friends' wives were in labor today and it occurred to me that holy cow, I'm next! But I don't feel like I should be next. I don't feel anything like I did when I was getting ready to have Aimee. When I'm going to bed at night and have a few contractions all I can think is, I don't want to go to the hospital or have to spend all that time in labor right now. It just isn't convenient. Or I start to feel sick and nervous. 
My house is all ready for baby. My family is ready and wating. And I feel like this isn't really happening. I don't know what to do or how to wrap my head around this!